HH Member Services
What Services does HansonHouse Provide?
A. Life Skills/Market Place Skills
· Adaptive Communication (not always spoken)
· Rebuilding stamina
· Design, with member, daily structure and routine
· Building tolerance for frustration/impulse management
· Formal and informal social interaction opportunities
· Compensating for memory/concentration issues
· Dealing in healthy ways with personal and public perception of disability
B. Practical Help
· Assistance organizing responsibilities (example: bill paying, calendar of events, etc.)
· Assistance writing/calling/responding in person to: employers, attorneys, insurance, veteran agencies and other healthcare agencies, etc.
· Transportation to key appointments, not HansonHouse activities or programs. (example :VA visits, BVR appointments, eye exams)
· Facilitate independent housing situations (example: Moving, temporary housing, apartment/rental search upkeep of yards, gardens, automobile, etc.)
· Gain familiarity with public transportation
· Interview coaching and rehearsal. Advocacy with the candidate at the interview site. Follow up preparation
· Prepare resume and assist with employer required application and work history.
· Face to face/phone/written interactions at member request to fulfill vocational rehabilitation requirements, and to facilitate the work of other agencies on behalf of the member.
· Employment searches by field and constructing an Employer contact list
· Updates through community/business and member networking of potential employment opportunities for members.
Empowering people with traumatic brain injuries.
Social & Recreational
Work Ordered Day
West Side Market Visits
Meeting with Other Clubs
BBQ in Metroparks
Speaking to Area Organizations
Golf Outing Planning
Discussion of Current Activities
Reading and Comprehension
Use of Money
Table Skills and Money
Cleaning and Maintenance
Social Program Planning
Advocacy at State & Federal Level
Legal Referral / Advocate if Needed
Community Business Organization
City of Berea Depts. Police, etc.
HansonHouse TBI Clubhouse Activities